Re: No gasket ring on Hemi plugs? was Re: IML: 58 Imperial info

Re: No gasket ring on Hemi plugs? was Re: IML: 58 Imperial info

Hello Mick. Spark plug seals (the ones that press fit into the cylinder
heads) were not used in the factory. I know several companies that peddle
them to Hemi owners claimming that they offer better sealing against oil
pouring into the combustion chambers. I do not know if this is a problem as
my own engine is not running yet. It is my opinion that this part is most
often used by hot-rodders rather than restorers. Their engines are suped for
racing or street performace which may or may not require these extra seals.
The spark plugs screw in far enough so that there should not be oil seepage
in the combustion chambers during normal operation of the engine. I would
like to hear from members who may be using these seals as to their
usefullness. Bye for now.

               Doug
               58 Crown coupe