water stains on 60 seats

Hello everyone.
  My newly purchased 60 Custom has a very nice original nylon type material
on its seats(complete with neat  Imperial crowns!).
  There are  though a couple of areas on the seats and door panels that look
to have been stained by water seepage .
  The stains are a rusty brown sort of color.
  Does anyone know of any product that might lighten,or remove the stains
without harming the fabric on the seats ?  I was thinking of applying a
paste of baking soda over the stains to see if it would lighten them.
                                                       Thanks
                                                        Clay Smith
                                                         67 Crown Coupe
                                                         60  Custom