Rose Bowl -- Parade Phaeton

Happy New Year All,

I was watching the Rose Parade this morning also and nodded off but awoke
just in time to see the Parade Phaeton.  It was decked out in red roses
-- gorgeous!.  I was watching on KTLA/5 Los Angeles -- the announcers
mentioned it was the former Eisenhower car from the Peterson collection.
The mayor of Pasadena, his family and 3 Pasadena school kids were in the
car.

I think this is the 1st time the car has been on the road since Peterson
acquired the car from the Imperial Palace collection a year or so ago.

John B.

On Wed, 01 Jan 2003 14:16:52 -0600 Mark Evans <evansma@xxxxxxxxxx>
writes:
> Gang,
> Was watching the Rose Bowl on HGTV and the Detroit Parade Phaeton
> was
> featured carrying the Grand Marshal Not sure if that's who was in
> the car; I
> was too busy looking at the car. As others already know, the Detroit
> car is
> a 1952 facelifted to 1956 and brought to Los Angeles to the Peterson
> Museum.
> Good to see this beauty on the road!
>
> Here's a link to the car:

http://www.imperialclub.com/Varieties/Special/Parades/Phaetons/1950s/Detr
oit
> /index.htm
>
> And, if you want to read more about all of these cars, be sure to
> visit

http://www.imperialclub.com/Varieties/Special/Parades/Phaetons/1950s/inde
x.h
> tm