bracket replacement

Wow!  If you have mislaid the cradle part, you are indeed in quite a pickle.
Getting something made to do the job it did, however, may not be as
difficult as you think, though nowhere near as simple as the tension
bracket.  We at the museum are having to have made several pieces for our
old steam engine, so it can be done.  I would also try Wildcat Mopar, out of
Portland, Oregon.  You must be feeling pretty bad about having "lost" it but
I cannot help but be reminded of my own misadventures when I had to replace
the heads on my Hemi.  The project took such a long time that by the time it
came to re-assemble everything, I laid out all the cleaned and freshly
painted parts and realized I could not remember what each and every piece
was for.  I must confess that sometimes it was like a jigsaw puzzle,
figuring out how it all fit back together again.

If you like I can remove mine and take some pictures of it and send them to
you, along with its dimensions.  It seems to be a stretched "U" that has
short uprights with holes in them that hold the generator.  The long bottom
section has two holes in it to hold it to the engine.  It is stoutly made,
but not that complex, unless more of it is revealed if and when I remove
mine.

It would be useful to know what other cars used the same generator as the
bracket that holds it on will probably be very close to what you need.  The
guys who are getting our steam engine parts made would probably find making
this bracket relatively simple.  Depending on how your search goes, I can
ask them if you like. There will be people nearer you would also be able to
help.

You may indeed have to buy a catalog part for your car, even if that means
also having to fit a different generator or even alternator.  Before I did
that, I would be searching high and low cross country to find the correct
part.  It will almost certainly be less expensive in the long run.  I think
to find a correct replacement carburetor for my engine, I made over one
hundred phone calls and e-mail inquiries.  It is just a matter of diligence.

Hugh