Please Welcome Ronald G. Stephenson

New Subscriber(s): Ronald G. Stephenson
Email Address is: ronald@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Member Location: hopkinsville,kentucky  42240

Car(s) owned: l982 light blue with dard blue leather interior.  Needs a lot of
w  ork, but well worth the effort.  The other is a l98l, in light tan metallic
with light tan leather.  This is a keeper, 2 owner, just needs to get a gas
tank to become daily driver.

Self-Introduction: My very first Imperial was a l952 two-door hardtop in dove
gray with a gray bedford cord and black leather interior.  Sure wish I had that
one back.  Next Imp was a l957 4-door hardtop in light blue metallic with a
cloth and vinly interior, another beauty, one owner. Loaned it out for my
brother in law's wedding. I have always been a Chrysler nut, as is my brother,
and he had the l98l Imperial that I should have bought when he was finished
with it. Earlier, he had a 58 twodoor hardtop and before that, the extremely
rare l954 two door hardtop that we have not found the likes of since.  The
interior was beautifully finished with lots of chrome and the rare 4 wheel disc
brakes that everyone says you couldn't get.  Have not seen one like it since.
I am also a sucker for the 75 to 79 Cordobas, and currently have 4 of those,
including a 79 "300" series.  My lust object is the l955 milestone car, the two
door hardtop!  I would reluctantly settle for a 56, as some of those got the
new 3 speed to
el year.  Of my four sons, only the eldest has the Mopar gene, and he does like
the 'A' bodies of the 67 to 72 vintage, along with 67 to 69 Barracudas, one of
which he races with a 440 Chrysler engine. Locally we are known as the Chrylser
crazies, in that we buy everyone we see that we like and never sell any.  Hard
for mere mortals to understand.  I am also into Jaguars, bmw's, nissan/datsun
240Z's, porsches(944), but I keep coming back to the Imperials, and will find a
55 or 56.  So, you see, I am a Chrysler nut for going on 40 plus years.  They
lost me in l98l when the front drive craze started.  I must admit, I gave them
a chance and bought 2 station wagons in that period.  Very disappointed in
both.  The 8l to 83 Imperials brought me back to the fold.  So there!  Ask me
about any year, any engine, any rare option, anything, and I have likely been
there when it comes to Chryslers.  No brag, just an obsession!