A Local Imperial

Last night I attended a local car show. It was a small show in the parking
lot of a local K-mart. I was delighted to find a 1957 Imperial LeBaron
four-door sedan. It was sea foam green. The car had the hood eagle and the
hood ornament anodized in gold. What this a feature of the 57 LeBaron? The
anodizing looked old and in need of a redo, so I don't think that it was done
by the current owner. The owner popped the hood for me and I was pleased to
find that he had installed a modern GM alternator. I asked the owner about it
and he told me that it was the best decision he made. The alternator works
great and a replacement was only as far as the nearest auto parts store.
Sounds reasonable to me. Other modifications included a chromed round air
cleaner assembly and a dual exhaust system with glasspacks and straight pipes
which made the Hemi sound soooo good. I really took notes on some of these
features and maybe they'll end up on Priscilla. It was really great to see
another Imperial locally. This car proved to me that an Imperial doesn't have
to be 100% original to be beautiful. I had a great time. Bye for now.

      Doug
     58 Crown coupe