Heater Diagnosis Anyone?

COULD BE THE VACUUM GOING TO THE HEATER VALVE TRY TO RUN DIRECT VACUUM TO THE VALVE AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, December 24, 2002 1:34 AM
Subject: Re: IML: Heater Diagnosis Anyone?

Could you possibly have some trapped air in the system? Try removing one of the heater hoses and listen for a gurgle. Then also unloosen your radiator cap to the first detent, without removing it. It should be loose enough for air to escape but not be able to be pulled off. Next start your motor and let it warm uip. Keep an eye on temp guage and as temperature increases, rev engine a couple of times every 5 minutes or so , but just rev to about 1000 rpm for a couple of seconds at a time, to ensure that thermostat is opening up. Let engine idle for 15 to 20 minutes, then shut off. Wait about 10 minutes to see if any coolant rises up and out of radiator or whether you can hear any gurgling. Repeat the above a second time. Do all of the above with your heater valve wide open to xtreme heat. Hopefully this may solve your problem.
Mike Veronesi-President of the Northeast IMPERIAL Owners Club; (N.E.I.O.C.)  1967 Imperial Crown: 1969 Imperial LeBaron; 1990 Imperial....?