Inspections vs safety (was Rusted old cars)

Inspections vs safety (was Rusted old cars)

I have not been in N.Z. but judging from Europe, I would not be surprised if
mechanics are better there than in the US.  Also, in many of these other
countries, usually there is a good public transmortation system, so owning a
car is not as essential to every day life as in the US.

In Germany, the inspections are probably as severe as they can get.  But the
reason there is probably to stimulate the local auto industry and drive the
older cars to poorer countries.
D^2