thanks for the fin info!

I don't know, Bill. Those appendages on the backs of '67s and '68s are kinda
close to fins! And they look great, the way they form that ridge...

Yeah, Harley Earl (the real one, not the actor in the Buick TV ads right
now) hauled his designers over to Selfridge Field to get some inspiration
from the P-38, which had little, if any, public exposure then. One of them
was Bill Mitchell, who succeeded Earl. I had the pleasure of working with
him in the early '80s, after he had retired, and had his own design
consulting business. Selfridge is only about 10 miles from where I live.

In the "Fins Hall of Fame", I would put the Chrysler Corp '57s and '58s in
there. And, of course, the first ones, on the '48 Cadillac.

Currell

Currell