Rusted old cars

Hello all;
 Sometimes the amount of rust in a car depends not only on where a car is
located but on what someone did with the car and how they treated it. A
friend of mine recently picked up a 58' Hilman Minx where the car was good
and solid in the front end and pasenger compartment but the trunk was
rusting out. What he found out was that the previous owner used to transport
his crab traps in the back of this thing the result being that the trunk lid
and floor was in far worse shape then those on a parts car that he dragged
out of the bush. This parts car, by the way, was laying on its side in the
dirt!
 One thing that kills car bodies is people backing them down boat ramps, to
unload their boat, and not hosing the car down afterword. Another thing that
kills car bodies is people not washing them once in a while, all that mud
and dirt just sits in the cracks and crevesses against the steel soaking up
moisture and rotting it out. The point being of all of this is that rust out
isn't always the result of poor design or climate, sometimes it is the
result of outright abuse or neglect.
Best Regards
Arran Foster
1954 Imperial Newport
Needing A Left Side Taillight Bezel and other trim parts.

P.S  Dan, the reason that you don't see many auto wreckers dealing with old
cars is not because the cars aren't out there so much is that they can sell
100 bits and pieces off a newer Subaru for every piece that they could sell
off a 56' Dodge. On top of that they can get more money for a newer car par
then an older one. Most auto wreckers that have old cars are of the pick
your part type for that reason.