1956 front bumper

Hi,
The reason that the front bumper is flat is that it is missing a cover
piece.  Chrysler used a New Yorker bumper on the Imperial and put a cover
piece over the flat place where the license plate goes.  I have seen people
take this cover off of the Imperial and put the license plate in the
position where the New Yorker should go.  It looks much better as the
original position of the Imperial license plate holder took away from the
beauty of the look by placing the plate in a bad spot.  The guards are
notched to fit over this plate when it is installed.  That is why the guards
are reversed when you look at them.
Ken