Chrysler "Jet" Car

That beauty is the Chrysler Turbine Car (it's not got a jet engine and it
doesn't fly, sadly). It's one of about five remaining (most of the 50 or so
that were made, all in Italy by Ghia, were crushed at the end of the program
to avoid huge tariffs for Chrysler), and it does not run. In fact, it might
not have an engine at all.

The gorgeous color is called Turbine Bronze and it was also offered on
production Chryslers and Imperials from 1966 to 1968.

The upcoming special on My Classic Car will certainly be of interest to you!
Last I was at the Petersen, the car remained on display.

Happy holidays,
Chris in LA
78 NYB Salon
67 Crown