A sculpture of the death of a '59 Imperial

A sculpture of the death of a '59 Imperial

Hey Imperial Art Lovers,
You know it's an art -as- metaphor thing and he titles it "the last ride".
Don't be fooled by his title, he's trying to lure you in, steer you in the
wrong direction and miss the deeper intent.  Imperials can be a metaphor for
life indeed.  Whats happening here is the Imperial is finding its reverse
gear for the first time-a Promethean epiphany! Ya know, trumpets and all
that crap.  TEE HEE!  It is emerging Phoenix-like out of the ashes/murky
swamp (swamp as metaphor for old ashes-albeit (albe-them)wet).  The swamp is
way old-has some petro-dinosaur products even and the plastic (won't rust)
in de car is part of that; plastic being made of petroleum -at least in
part.  Promethean indeed!  Well, the Imperial is yours/ours, it is coming
out of the proverbial bogg of life -emerging as beauty.  It is indeed its
last ride.  Now YOU are in control and no longer a "last ride", because the
swamp was the ride.  Now YOU will DRIVE it, it is meant to be DRIVEN!  The
spin on things beautiful emerging backwards is multi-leveled metaphor.  In
part, there is beauty in the old.  Then that mandela thing of returning from
where you came.  That we are rediscovering in life the truths we already
know.  Well I just don't want to fully interpret this beauty, this here
burgeoning and way-happenin work of art, truth, eloquence and elegance.  But
I thought I would wait a while before revealing the metaphor.  (insert a TEE
HEE here!) One more striking issue is the problem of naming a piece of
art-as though we could do so and convey its deepest meaning with our pithy
language which masquerades a richness greater than empiricism.  Not on my
honkey___.  The artist has misdirected us with language.

Well, I better go, lots to do, I'm way happenin.
"This boy belongs in the chat group"
"This boy surely misses his 53 which is still in Albuquerque"
This boy perceives himself as knowing something esoteric-yet is that not
life: perception? Or esoteria?
Its early, but give him some spiced egg nog n put im ta bed early!
It was fun!
Happy Holidays!
Jerry53
wait....
art mimics life
and metapjorically paints
our daily strife (like with regards to spelling)
yet onward we strive
the human spirit sublime
in our lofty Imperials we drive
our hearts singing in splendorific chime
because we refuse to succumb
to the plangent droning defeat
of just another daily ride

Hey Hugh, i was there-ya know that collective unconscious you speak