Carburetor from so so to worse

Quoting "Imperial59crown@xxxxxxx" <Imperial59crown@xxxxxxx>:

> the car was running very rough again, and back to the loss of power. I
> think
> my problem is in the throttle area somewhere, and the transmission kick
> down
> as you mentioned, since when I floor it the gears do not change. I keep

Bill.  Till you get a more complete response from Dick B. here is my take.  The
kick down linkage is supported by a spring that holds it tight.  Search in your
linkage, and if you see a loosened spring, try to find a place to hook it up to
get the kick down linkage tight again.

Also, you can use manual down shifts to test engine performance.  Just lock
your tranny on 2nd and hit it.  Just to be conservative, don't go over 80-85 or
so w/ 2nd locked.  You can do the same with 1st, just don't go over 45 or so
with 1st locked it.

Finally, and probably contrary to what DB will say, the choke is not essential,
especially where you live.  The choke will improve driveability when cold and
start the car much easier, but the expense of fuel consumption and some more
gas in the oil.  When you start your car without a choke, you have to pump the
throttle a lot to provide the extra gas for startup.  It may die on you a
couple of times when you first start, but if you warm it up for 20 30 seconds
at low revs and are smooth with the gas for the first mile or so, you will be
fine...
D^2