car songs

There's a terrificly swingy number Pearl Bailey sang in the '50s: "Solid Gold
Cadillac".  She barely cloaks the double entendres, and the refrain is, " All
I need is a solid gold Cadillac!"  Obviously, she hadn't stepped up to REAL
class yet!!  Those with Exnerific late '50s Imperials would appreciate the
line in Dinah Washington's "Destination: Moon" - "...take a trip in my rocket
ship; we'll have a lovely afternoon..."

Neal Herman
1959 Imperial Crown
1972 Buick Riviera