alt upgrade

Yes, Roger, I found that very interesting and good news, but didn't quite understand. Are they saying the '59 uses a magnetic field to control the gauge, so all I have to do is hook up to the gauge without worrying about it, or without any adapters? I've since got myself a whole new instrument cluster with all new gauges in it, but will not install it until I have the interior redone. The new cluster even has cruise control on it, not that I would ever use it, but it's nice to have more options on the car.
Bill '59 Crown