67 Regulators

I took a stab in the dark and did an advanced search on Ebay for the part
number of the electronic regulator that I installed on my 67 Crown, and low
and behold, it came up!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1874911156

It might even be the same vendor that I bought mine from, but I don't
remember that.
One of those regulators and Leslie's instructions

http://www.imperialclub.com/Repair/Electrical/67Reg/index.htm

will go a long way to solving charging and regulator headaches.
I went through three mechanical regulators and a couple dead batteries
because the points would stick and the bypass wire would burn out, but no
such problems with the electronic regulator. Even though the new regulator
has different mounting holes it will fit on the same bracket as the old one.
You will just utilize two bolts instead of three. You use the same bottom
hole as the old regulator and the top hole is already there behind the old
regulator. The original self tapping bolts will cut the thread in that hole.
For the bottom hole its best to get a 1/4-20 x 1/2 inch bolt from the store
because that will avoid the original stock bolt from bottoming out into the
inner fender because the new regulator doesn't have rubber grommets like the
old one.

Roy
67 Crown FDHT