Potential 81-83 Imperial parts in AZ

Just got back from vacation today, so this reply is a little late.  (And
will be later yet as my phone line is down and will have to wit until Telus
tracks down the problem and gets the line restored.)

The Fifth Avenue and Imperial share more than you think.  The wheelbase of
M-body sedans (Gran Fury, Caravelle, Diplomat, LeBaron, Fifth Avenue) is
112.7 inches, which is the same as the the J/Y coupes (Mirada, Cordoba,
Imperial) and even the F-body sedans (Volare, Aspen).   The floorpan of the
M-body is the same as the J/Y bodies, and thus the whole powertrain -
engine, transmission, driveshaft and rear axle - can be transferred from an
M-body into a J/Y body.

Similary. the carpets of the M-body will fit the J/Y bodies as the floors
are the same.   Even the inner side sill panels are the same - the outers
differ due to the different door pillars.

And by "same" I mean the part numbers are identical/same for the M, J and Y
body floors.

So, you can have losts of fun - put an Imperial interior into a Fifth
Avenue, take some "Imperial" and "Crown" or "LeBaron" nameplates and emblems
and make an Imperial Crown or LeBaron sedan.

Or take an M-body police car interior and put it in an Imperial to make a
one-of-a-kind ghost copcar.   To upgrade the suspension, put another leaf in
the rear springs and install the police package torsion bars.  Mopar only
made two types of transverse bars - standard and police.  This one is off
the reality screen, but I know of a few cop car lovers who are sick and
twisted enough to do such a conversion.

Bill
Vancouver, BC