Imperials on ESPN

Kerry: I just finished watching the movie, and did spot the '55, of course.
I didn't get a look at the light colored one, but I noticed that the car had
either 51 or 52 hubcaps. My eyes aren't that great, but I thought, in the
first scene, there was a light-colored Chrysler wagon parked there. I could
be way wrong here.

On the '55, I am going to be really, really picky. I believe this was the
Aggie football team for 1954. I'm looking at my 1956 NADA used car book
right now, and I note that the '55 Imperial, now a separate make, was not
introduced until November of '54. Football practice started in August, so
the car really couldn't be there. But what the heck...

The ('48?) and ('51?) Hudsons of course were right on. The '50 Ford that
carried the guy with the heat stroke to the Doctor was period-correct, too.
There was a nice '41 Buick in there, too. And a '50 or '51 Chevy (I know the
difference in the grilles, but only caught a fleeting glance). And some
other cars that I forget.

Another nitpick, and tell me if I'm wrong...they had a transistor radio on
the bus. I don't recall transistor radios being around in the Fall of '54; I
think something like '56 or '57 is closer to the truth. And what was that
deal with the hot wired table radio in the pickup?

Were the buses vintage-correct? Dunno...

Pretty good movie. I knew the cars would be cool.

Currell