Re:1957-63 Rear door removal Q? on 4d cars

Re:1957-63 Rear door removal Q? on 4d cars

Jeff Ingraham wrote.....
--------------
Anyway we found the rear doors off a 59 4dr LOOK identical to the 57 or 58
(all 4dr HT FYI) but they have a different internal contour and WILL NOT
WORK which was not evident until we had the 59 door mounted on the 57 and
went to shut it.
---------------
May I share a similar experience with a 64 and 65 Imperial?  I had a 64
LeBaron with a bad interior so I bought a wrecked 65 Crown four door with a
good one, intending to swap door panels and seats.  I too was surprised to
find that the 64 and 65 four-door door panels are different, significantly
so!  Dear Chrysler moved the mounting of the door-pull/interior light
fixture about a half an inch between the two years so that the 65 panels
would not fit the 64.

Why Chrysler would spend the design money to do this, I know not!

Ken Miller
61 and 67 Converts