Need power steering pump for '60

> I have heard horror stories about pulley wheels needing special attention
> in their removal.

I believe that the procedure calls for an acetylene torch.  You heat the
area on the pulley around the hub.  This expands the pulley and it rather
easily slides off the shaft.

To reinstall, heat the pulley same as before and just slide it back on.

You do not have to heat the pulley to red heat.

I have done this several times - the procedure was taught to me by a
mechanic friend - and it can be done at home.  Just remember that you are
not trying to use the torch to cut or weld!

John