HELP chrome plating pot metal

fellow imperialists,

i'm at the point now where the mechanical restoration of my '62 crown is
finished and my car has recently had all the trim removed in preparation for
additional sanding before being painted.  the trim appears very presentable,
but i'd like to maintain this '62 forever and i never want to have to remove
the trim again.  the pot metal pieces are in the "worst" shape.  i'm
thinking of having some of the heavier pot metal pieces re-chromed.

i live in tennessee, and all the local plating companies tell me that
re-chroming pot metal takes a lot of highly regulated epa equipment given
the cyanide used in the process.  i have a good company in nashville, tn,
that i've used for both grille inserts and grille surrounds, but it cost
nearly $1000.00 to rechrome these pot metal pieces.  i'm wondering if
someone knows a less expensive but still quality outfit that might cost
substantially less.  whether its to nashville or somewhere else, i'd still
have to ship the parts so i'm not saving any money that way.  if anyone has
had pot metal pieces on a '62 rechromed, i'd like to know what was paid for
the service.

the groups' advice on chrome-plating pot metal experiences would be greatly
appreciated.  i know you can't just do once piece without throwing off the
whole side of a car, so its in for a penny, in for a pound.

thanks for your input.

best regards,

max