digital dashes

How about a A-pillar gauge pod? I have one on my
Dynasty. Love it. Gives me two 2 and 1/16" gauges on
the A-pillar.

One other idea which can sometimes work is fitting a
small gauge on the steering wheel colum (if it tilts,
then on the part which stays put), the top of the
dash, or even outside on the hood lid up by the
window.

I have the same problem, though with my Dynasty. There
was no tach, so I added one. Problem is that my tach
ended up going about where you describe your problem
area is (cigar tray). Almost impossible to see when
driving! Now if I got enough mirrors....