From: "Neil Thorpe" <nt014b6628@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, September 16, 2002 1:29 PM
Subject: Re: IML: 81-83 headlamp switch and disapearing dash display

I had tried to clean up the old light switch before
ordering a replacement with electrical switch
cleaner which didn't make any difference.

The rheostat was corroded probably due to
my car spending more time parked than driving
47000 miles in 20 years (ave 2350 miles per year)

The corrosion had probably acted as an insulator
instead of creating a high resistance therefore
i have hopefully avoided the burnt wire
problems you have encountered.

One bonus of playing with the light switch so
much is my fruit bat impression is getting
much better.

Neil Thorpe black 82 imp
London, England.