Lets settle this oil thing--vounteer needed!

Lets settle this oil thing--vounteer needed!

I guess in theory.  I've seen a lot of sludged up
engines that ran detergent oil too.  The problem with
sludge is more lack of oil change and harsh operating
conditions imho.  I tend to change oil every 3K miles
or 1 year and have never had a problem.  Doesn't mean
there would not be one if you drove with 50W
non-detergent for years.  Remember, I do this when the
alternative is a near term engine rebuild.  Any extra
life and driving I get as a consequence if free miles.

Kerry