Oil question-D^2?

I was checking my owner's manual & it has that generic temperature to oil
viscosity chart.
If the 10 is the "cold" weight and the 30 is the "hot" weight, then why is
10w30 recommended for warm weather and 5w30 is not? It seems to me that they
should be the same as far as heat is concerned. Do I have it backwards?
Rob