Capacitors (not firing)

From: "Rob G." <rob1964cc@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: IML: Not firing
Does this mean that I can also use the same part in
both places?  I have not yet replaced the part
attached to the coil.  (Also, noticed I incorrectly
spelled capacitor!!!  back to school for me!!!)

--- jdporter@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> condenser and capacitor are interchangeable terms
> for the same item.
>                        mo jo

HI,

No, the capacitors (condensers) are not the same 'value'.

A capacitor has a 'value' to it, just like a resistor does.  A resistor is measured in ohms (or megohms if its a really large value) , and a capacitor is measured in microfarads (or picofarads if its a really small value).

By the way, I 'resisted' telling you of your spelling error.  ;-)

Dan Wing
Marcy, NY, USA
Imp1983@xxxxxxx

83 Imp, dull beige, leather,