Mike's car

> Maybe I missed something, what is the latest with
> your Imperial?  Is it running now?

Yeah, that last message was a little out of context.
I should have said "when it was running..."

I actually decided to bite the bullet and have the
engine gone through professionally, and while I'm at
it have an HP cam installed.  I already have dual
exhausts, and a twin snorkel cleaner is an easy mod.

I was originally just going to put in a new cam, but
started finding shavings of Babbit in the valve areas,
leading me to believe that the bearings were beyond
salvageability.  I got a reasonable quote to "freshen"
the engine.  Its not a full rebuild, but it includes
all new bearings, rings, oil pump, new cam
(obviously), and a bunch of other stuff.  I've got the
engine dissassembled almost completely now anyway (in
the car) so the guy cut me a break there, plus I can
see that most of the engine is still in good shape.
Hone the cylinders, new rings, valve job, re-spec the
bottom end.  Then I need to break it in.  ;)

Thanks to everyone for their input and advice, and
thanks especially to Mr. Tim Klein for all his help.
;)  Silver will ride again...

=====
--Mike Pittinaro

"Peculiar travel suggestions are dancing lessons from God."
  --Kurt Vonnegut, "Cat's Cradle"