Fuselage Transmission Mount tip

Good catch Chris.  I love to adapt things.  The
original style mounts are still available also.  I got
one for my 73 in stock.  Think it was about the same
price but was a slip in replacement.

Kerryp

--- Chris Boekhout <charger69@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I recently discovered my transmission mount on my 72
> Lebaron was torn to shreds, the vibration in the
> driveline was a dead giveaway,  Having already used
> a polyurethane insert on one of my "lesser" Chrysler
> products, I decided to give this a try on my
> Lebaron, since the mount on my Imp looks exactly
> like the one in my Charger, I figured there was a
> good chance it would fit, I was right, it fit like
> it was made for it, vibration is GONE! It's an easy
> fix, and cheap at $14.95  here's the link:
> http://store.yahoo.com/chucker54/tranmoun1.html
>
> It's part number  ENE5-1101G  listed for 71 and up
> a,b,e bodies, but it fits the IMPERIALS !
>
> You have to re-use the metal shell of your original
> mount and press in the two halves of the new one,
> then slide the steel tube through both halves,
> despite what the instructions say, the best way to
> remove the old rubber is to set it on fire with a
> propane torch and toss it out in the driveway, it
> will burn for almost an hour, when it goes out, a
> little wire brushing is all that is needed to clean
> it up ( I used a small wire brush in my die grinder)
> then both halves and the tube press in by
> hand-really a slick little item. I hope this helps
> someone else who has this problem and if this info
> has already been posted this to the IML, please
> ignore this post.
>
> Chris,
>
> 72 Lebaron, now minus the annoying vibration

=====
Kerryp

50 Crown Limo, 57 sports roadster, 61(s) GeeA project, 64, 68 Convertible
73 LeBaron for sale
http://dte.net/57imperial