1990 Imperial Front End Work

Yesterday, I picked up the new drive axles for the car, $99.00 each after
core.  I also went by my mechanic's shop and picked up the lower control
arms that had shiney new ball joints pressed into them and the intermediate
drive shaft that had a shiney new U-joint installed.  I was also pleased to
see that he had successfully removed the inner CV joint from the
intermediate shaft.  I also bought "output shaft" seals to seal off where
the drive axle fits into the transaxle.

Today, a friend came over and we went yarding to attempt to find the
required brake parts for my car.  What I need (and speak up if you can help)
is the part that the spindle and brake caliper mount to.  This is likely a
part that is not often replaced.  I need that part for all four wheels.  You
see, the car has very high mileage and due to the brake linings riding on
this part, they have worn small grooves or divits into this part.  My
mechanic will not safety the car before this is repaired.  We were
unsuccessful in finding what I need.  If you are so inclined, I have a
listing of the vehicles that could have the correct part.  The vehicle MUST
have ABS.  If it doesn't, it won't work.  Those vehicles are...

Caravan 1991-1995

Daytona 1989-1990 equiped with the 11" brake rotor

Daytona 1991-1993

Dynasty 1989-1993

Shadow 1991-1994

Spirit 1991-1995

Imperial 1990-1993

LeBaron 1989-1990 equiped with the 11" brake rotor

LeBaron 1991-1995

New Yorker 1989-1993

Aclaim 1991-1995

Sundance 1991-1994

Voyager 1991-1995

So, we came home and installed the lower control arms and the intermediate
drive shaft.  We also finished driving the steering shaft U-joint onto the
steering rack's spline.  I needed help with that so I left it till I had a
friend over.  After he left, I continued doing what I could.  I decided to
slip the drive axles into place.  As expected the left one slipped right
into place like nothing.  The right one is a different story.  It seems that
the new drive shaft is going to be as difficult to install into the
intermediate shaft as the old one was to remove.  In case you dont know that
I mean by that, it was VERY HARD TO DO!  I needed to "tap" it in. I decided
to try to tap around the edge of where the boot meets the joint. WRONG IDEA!
I found out how much it takes to split a brand new CV boot! :(  I will now
go and buy a NEW inner CV boot and install it on my NEW drive axle. (sigh)

Banging head against the wall....