Sent: Saturday, August 31, 2002 5:47 AM
Subject: IML: 1981 Potting Material

In the process of doing some general maintenance on my 1981 EFI.  I have removed the support plate to get access to egr valve, and it is clear that some of the potting material from the fuel flow meter and computer has flowed into the throttle body.  While there are still pools of material on the support plate, the throttle definitely needs cleaning and at least one injector is coated with black goo.

Does anyone have a suggestion for cleaning the goo off the  plate (thought I would start with "Goo Gone")?  I am already replacing the spacer assembly between the intake manifold and throttle body... but how worried do you think I should be about cleaning this out of the intake manifold too?

Dave Morrison
81 EFI
82 FS EFI (still for sale)