Length of '73 Imperial

At 235.3" (19 feet 7+ inches), it was a big one. Can't say it was the
longest, however, for standard sedans, anyway. It may be. I'm thinking of
those Continental Town Sedans of the era; maybe they came up an inch or two
short. Big Mothers too, by any criteria.

The largest wheelbase on a standard (non limo or commercial chassis) sedan
was the 34-37 Cadillac V-16s, at 154". The '73 Imperial is 127",. However,
the Caddy had its wheels pretty much at each corner, where the Imperial had
some, ahem, overhang. So the Imperial probably was longer, overall.

By the way, has anyone ever noted the square footage of the trunks on the
69-73 Imperial Coupes? They look like El Caminos if you squint, and pretend
that there is an open bed back there.

You could land a helicopter on them. And the legroom in the back seat, at
least for the coupes, isn't that great. The overall length of the Coupe
might be an inch or so smaller than the 235.3" for the sedan, but still...

Not the greatest use of space in automotive history, anyway.

Currell