81 -83 FUEL FILTER

I used NAPA filter # V33033.   Beware of their listings, though.   The first
time I went to NAPA their book showed the 1981 and 1983 Imperial could use
their V33032 filter.  So I purchased two for my 1983 Imperial.  After
stripping out the old filters and cutting new hose to fit, I found out that
the V33032 filters are 5/16" while the Imperial uses 3/8" fuel line.

A trip back to NAPA with the old filters, and the fellow found that V33033
would fit.  Yes, the filters are smaller, but just cut the hose length to
make up the difference.   Have thought about using two filters in tandem to
replace each old filter, but do not know if there is enough room to make it
work.   I also kept the V33032 filters as they will fit my 1962 Lancer and
Valiant.

If you have never done it before, you will find the filters attached to a
"Y" shaped steel fuel line at each end with hoses/clamps.  The "Y" sections
in turn are connected to the main fuel line with hoses/clamps.  Change all
the hoses while you are under there.   In other words, you will need 12
clamps, along with 3/8" hose made for fuel injected vehicles.   The tricky
one will be the one attaching the "Y" piece to the front line to the engine.

Bill
Vancouver, BC
1983 Imperial