1990 Imperial Coming Home

I don't know if they changed it from year to year, but
I was under the impression that the front struts were
also air-ride.... and the front ones cost alot more to
replace if I remeber... but don't really show the need
for replacement right away. Early sign for trouble is
found when jacking up the front. If the front tires
stay on the ground with the front end jacked all the
way up, then the struts (and sometimes something else)
are bad.

The front is much easier to replace then the rear. If
I remeber, all that's required are removing 5 bolts up
top on the strut tower, and 1 big one on bottom. Whole
assembly can be removed. 'course, replacing the actaul
strut requires a tool which keeps the coil spring from
killing you when you take the thing apart.... or you
could just bring the assembly to a shop. I believe
pepboys will do part replacements for free if you buy
the parts from them with some items (I don't think
they'd drop a big block crate engine into your
Imperial in place of the 3.8 V6 if you buy one from
them, hehe).