front end rebuild kits

dave-tracy.sherrat@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< Just got the kit today for my 60. how big a job is it to fit the kit. this
is the only part now on the car that I have not done.Any Imput would be
appreciated.
 Thanks
 Dave 60 Le Baron. >>

Dave,

I did this job on my car about two years ago. I found it fairly straight
forward, although, it helped that the engine was out and I had removed the
inner wings for stripping and repainting. The biggest problem was removing
the old ball joints which are tightly threaded into the control arms. Two
came out O.K.with a long bar and a lot of sweat, but the remaining two
refused to budge and in the end I took them to a local engineering shop where
they welded bars onto them and turned them off with a heavy duty lathe.They
charged about £10 but it was worth it. If you don't have a big enough socket
for the joints, you can get a special Ford Transit hub socket which fits and
is relatively inexpensive.]

Good luck,

Tony