shops and vendors

In a message dated 8/15/2002 12:40:04 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
DickB@xxxxxxxxx writes:

<< I know certain types of wrecking operations are not legally
 permitted to sell a car once it has been reported as in their custody.  They
 can sell any part, or pieces, but never a whole car, at risk of losing their
 license to do business. >>

I suppose that since a 57 Imperial is of body on frame construction, it could
be argued that the body without the frame should be considered a part.

Roy
67 Crown FDHT (Which would lose any frame argument!)