Early Imperial Emblem

I was glad to see discussion on the list of early Imperial emblems. I am
subscribed in digest mode, and hope my jumping into the conversation now
isn't repetitive.

It seems to me that the first exclusively Imperial emblem appeared on the
1931 models, perhaps to coincide with the new look that model year. As was
mentioned earlier, that emblem wasn't an eagle, but rather the ancient,
Imperial Roman symbol of authority and justice known as a fasces.

A fasces is an ax bundled within a cylinder of wooden rods. I presume those
items are methods of punishment packaged together to dispense Imperial
justice at a moment's notice.

The Imperial emblem used two fasces with "Chrysler Imperial" cascading
before them in breezy ribbon.

I think Imperial stopped using the emblem in 1934. Chrysler probably became
tired of explaining that the inspiration for its logo predated by centuries
Italian fascism, which also used the fasces in its iconography.

Dave Duricy
http://w3.one.net/~desoto
(Imperial History and More)
http://www.desotoland.com