1967 Imperial engine detailing

I doubt there is anyone else in the universe that cares about trivia like
this, but just in case there is, I've noted some unexpected things about the
engine in my very low mileage 1967 Imperial that I am in the process of
freshening up.  I'm doing a complete cosmetic restoration of the car only
because I want to change the color from the present white to Regal blue.
This has required a complete gutting of the body to a bare shell, so while I
have the running gear out of the car, I am re-detailing it to look as much
like it did the day the factory shipped it as possible, right down the paint
dabs that the inspectors used to signify approval of torque on the
suspension parts, and the various inspector's marks on the engine etc.

In particular, I was surprised to find that the engines were painted with
some items attached which I would have thought would have been masked off or
installed after the engine was painted.  The items that have turquoise paint
on them are:

Fuel pump (well coated on the top surface, just overspray toward the bottom)
Water pump (but not fan bolt hole area)
Oil pressure sender (gauge unit)
Spark plug wire guides and wire harness clips on valve covers (these are
painted right over the black rubber dip).

An area that is not well covered by paint is the backside of the water
manifold and the front of the timing cover, where these two items are very
close so as to prevent spray from reaching them.

One oddity that I have not yet figured out is the black crayon "523" written
in what I would guess is a woman's handwriting on the front of the right
valve cover.  This does not agree with any other numbers on the car, so it
must have been a number assigned to the engine during production.

If anyone would be interested in pictures of a 440 that looks as close to
the factory original as I can make it, send me an e-mail and I will copy you
on some pictures when I get them taken.

Dick Benjamin