maligning the Holley

> My solution was to install 3 metal plates sandwiched
> between 4 carburator gaskets, thus creating a
> miniature radiator under the carb.  During really
> hot
> (95 degree plus) days with the A/C on, the idle is
> still a little rough, but its much improved.
>
> Mike,
> What kind of metal did you use and what was the
> thickness of each layer
> please? I am assuming the gasket material you are

Actually, the whole thing came as a kit from MR
Gasket.  4 gaskets and 3 aluminum plates, each plate
was about 1 mm thick.  And it did indeed make a marked
decrease in hot weather hot engine fuel vaporization,
thus improving idle.  a 1/2" thick phenolic spacer
would have been better, perhaps, but all the ones I
saw were 1" or more- too thick for the limited
underhood clearances.

=====
--Mike Pittinaro

Piles of pitted chrome