The Imperial Conundrum

Chris, I have read road tests, and I am not saying its a bad car (especially
for its price) given how modern cars are built (FWD).  What I am saying is that
it has little to do with the name.  The 1961 Chrysler 300G was the absolute
fastest 4 passenger car.  Nothing from Germany, Italy, England or anywhere else
could get close to it (the Masserati Quadroporte came later, but even that
would not be as fast, the 383 powered Facel Vega could compete, but that was
not a real 4 seater).  The 300M is now outperformed by ALL V8 Mercedes, Lexus
LS400, BMW V8's, many Volvos, Audi turbo V6's and V8's, Saabs, and I am sure I
am forgetting a few.  Now, all these cars may be more expensive, but the
Chrysler 300G was not about how cheap it was (which it wasn't), it was about
how FAST it was.  And yes, you are right, Chrysler is not alone in killing
their old names and traditions for the sake of profit.

I do not trust that the modern Chrysler will honor the Imperial name.  So, let
me repeat myself.  My take on this is let the name rest in peace!
D^2

Quoting imperial67@xxxxxxxxxxxxx: