Old car financing

Mark,
When I needed a small loan to purchase the 60 New Yorker T&C I went to the
credit union.  They gave me the small loan at great rates and didn't ask a lot
of questions.  They did want a statement of value so I went to the NADA web
site and printed the listing of values for that year and model car.  It
satisfied the loan officer.  It was all too easy.

I know that most credit unions require you to be a member.  Most will allow you
to join if someone who is a member will provide you a referral.  It may be
worth a try.  I have found that most banks do not want to make loans with old
cars as security.  Or they have a minimum amount that is too high for the need.
 Perhaps your bank will give you a loan unsecured or use a different car as
collateral if required.  Banks will lend money for our projects.  Sometimes it
just takes a little more effort to find the way the game needs to be played.

Just my two cents for today.

Dale
68 Crown Coupe
60 New Yorkers