A/C retrofit a breeze

Hi all,

I just installed an R134a retrofit kit on my 1990 Le Baron.  No problem.

I want to thank all of you who have investigated and reported back on
converting to R-134a.  I checked all the club postings and the EPA site and
decided to do it myself.

The hardest part of my job was caused by the location of the compressor.  On
the 3.0 V6 it is located right down next to the frame.  The clutch coil was
gone on mine, and you MUST unbolt the compressor to get at it.  What a pain.
Once I changed the coil I discovered that the system was really low on R-12.
Didn't really get cold.

Installing the retrofit kit was a snap, and within 15 minutes I had nice COLD
A/C again!

For Chrysler cars with the C-171 compressor it's just a matter of bolting on
two self-sealing adapters, and charging the system.

I'll let you know if I have any trouble with it.  I may add a can of leak
sealer to be sure.

Dan Wing
Imp1983@xxxxxxx

83 Imp, beige,