Northern CA Get-Together at Lowell's place this Autumn?

Northern CA Get-Together at Lowell's place this Autumn?

I want to float an idea and ask that you not discuss it
with its intended recipient, Lowell Howe, as I'd like to
surprise him.

Lowell does not have internet access or even a computer, so
I know that he won't be reading this first hand.  This
means that I have to trust everyone, including YOU, but I
think that the group's up to it and hope that you'll keep
the secret.

Lowell Howe has been collecting Imperial car-casses and
selling the parts for quite some time, to the benefit of
most (if not all) that meet him.  He lives in Patterson,
Ca, south of Tracy on I-5.  He tends to lead a batchelor's
life and seems pretty happy doing so, but doesn't seem to
get much in the way of thanks for the resource that he
represents to us.  I always get tremendous entertainment in
my visits from him, and the several non-imperial people
that have gone there with me through the years have agreed
that he's quite a character.

I tried to explain what the OIC and IML are, but try
explaining what you know about this subject to an 80 (?)
year-old that has never used a computer, and there you have
the wall that I ran into.  Words just failed to explain the
scope of what the internet has to offer.

Genesis of this idea:
When I came to the club, the page that showcased my beloved
1960 model year was quite thin on content, and I looked at
the 1958 page and it's beautiful quantities of ads and
other items and the work done by our currently absent Hugh
Hemphill with envy.

As a result, I decided that I was going to !DO SOMETHING!
about it, so I started collecting 1960 ads, and gradually
expanded into other years as I kept finding neat stuff that
had no bids and was only a couple of dollars each.  This
started to get exponential until recently, when I started
to find less and less that I hadn't already gotten ahold of
(excepting those $50 "prestige" catalogs, which are waaay
too much for what they are).  I am in the process of
conniving other volunteers into posting the rest of my
stash, having many items posted by the Trettins already
(thanks!), and hope to get through this adventure in the
next few months (so take a look at your car's "year page"
"advertisements" section from time to time).

-Anyway, one item that I came across in this search was a
video collection of old Chrysler and Imperial training and
ad footage that I think is kooky, but very entertaining.

It occurred to me that Lowell, who like an old lady with
cats, has a yard full of Imperials. He has been living at
100% what we all only do as a sideline hobby.  Wouldn't he
like to see something like this?  What about all of this
Imperial stuff that I have collected?  If anyone deserves
to see it...

He can't go online to see it, so I decided that Muhammed
must go to the mountain, so to speak.

I have access to an electronic data projector, screen, VCR
and speakers.

Lowell has a large shed/barn thing that he keeps cars in
that's dark enough for a projection setup if done halfway
right.

So I'm thinking that I'd like to try to set up a date and
caravan out to Lowell's, bringing one of those gigantic sub
sandwiches (maybe not even have to cut it - just lay it out
on the back seat of the '73?).  Lay out some lawn chairs, a
bunch of soda, some IML buddies, look out on 100+
Imperials, and now you've got something worth talking
about.

I read about the comaraderie of meets in Anniston and
Carlisle, and would like to do a similar thing here on the
west coast.

Luke Nola from NZ has been talking about coming here since
last year, and I think that he's finally getting ready to
commit, so here I am to announce it, hoping that he'll be
able to join.

Please keep your eyes open on the List for updates in 30-60
days if this sounds interesting.  I am also open to any
ideas that you have regarding enhancing this.  -I don't
know if he'll go along with it or not, but a videotape of
Bob Hoffmeister shaking his fist at Lowell and then sending
his greetings or something might be a way to go (not
certain if he's interested).  I had thought that Maybe one
of Lowell's competitors could send us some rusted,
unuseable, but clearly Imperial car part wrapped up to
present to Lowell (you can never have too many spares,
huh?) as a gift of competitive appreciation.

We'll see about that, but any comments that you have,
please drop me a line.  When I have a weekend date or
thoughts about schedule, I'll post them.

Please reply off list unless it's really a community type
of general answer.  I wouldn't want the other Admin people
sending any of us love letters about private posts sent to
the List....!

Kenyon