Carlisle Coordinator's Wrap-Up

All:

I'm a little late getting this out, but I wanted to get this all "wrapped up"
in one message.

Heard back from the Carlisle folks about our new class. They were impressed
with the turnout, and remarked how GREAT the Imps looked together. So.....
since "the officials are pleased" it looks like this new class is here to stay!
Requesting a tent is easy, but setting up a new show class took a little doing.
Thanks to everyone for sending me info. needed in setting it up, but mostly for
showing up to make it worthwhile!

Sure did enjoy meeting everyone.  I've attended this event every year since its
inception, and I got MUCH more out of it this year than in the past.

Here's a couple "planning items" for next year:

Other than the group photo, we weren't all together for long,( just too much to
see/do at the show!).  What would you all think of a group outing one night,
maybe dinner someplace?.
All the years I've gone there, I know that town fairly well now.  I may be back
in Carlisle for the all-make show in the fall, and can check into a few things
then.

Finding a room can be a gamble there, it's never too early to make a
reservation. Here's my motel recommendation:

Stardust Motel, 1501 Holly Pike (Rt. 34)
(717) 243 - 6058.

This place is about 3 miles south of the "Carlisle Square," just below I-81.
Usually make it to the fairgrounds in about 10 minutes. I've had a standing
reservation there for several years now. Not swanky, but clean/comfortable,
nicely set back(up) from the road, and more character than Hampton Inn, etc.
Added bonuses are the period signage, friendly/feisty manager (Karen), and
reasonable rates (our double room was $70/night this year).

............and with this I will "sign off" until next year.

Mark Jefferson
"Carlisle Coordinator"

Supercharge your e-mail with a 25MB Inbox, POP3 Access, No Ads
and NoTaglines --> LYCOS MAIL PLUS.