Please Welcome John Harvey

New Subscriber(s): John Harvey
Email Address is: harvey5691@xxxxxxx
Member Location: Oakley, Ill  (Decatur)

Car(s) owned: 1956 4 door sedan, black, 105,000 miles.  Factory air still
works. Bought it for $1,000, and drove it home 550 miles.  Brakes were not
all that good, but on 7 cylinders, it still will out run a 98 Ford Crown
Victoria.

Self-Introduction:      I think that the 55-56 Chrysler cars are the finest
styling that has ever been produced.  Add that fabulous hemi that will run
on low octane pump gas, and overpower anything else that thought it was
competition.  I just love that pushbutton torqueflight.  They had to modify
hydramatic to compete.  Ford never bothered to get into the game.
     I went to a convention of another make (a lower priced make than
Imperial).  I saw this car sitting at a tire dealer's lot with a FOR SALE
sign on it. It was "needing restoration", but better than anything else I
had ever brought home, including things I intended to use as daily drivers.
The guy started it up, turned the air on, and drove it into the shop to show
me that the floor was totally intact.
    I asked what he wanted for it, and he gave me a number.  I checked in
with the boss, and she told me I could buy it, so I shot him an offer 2/3 of
what he asked, and he took it.  Had he held out, I'd have paid him full
price, which I thought was reasonable, but as a buyer, less is better.
     It has great common sense.  On the way home, about 1 AM, we stopped for
a bite to eat.  It wouldn't start--long past its bedtime--mine too.  We
decided to sack out for the night.  8 AM, it fired right up and went home.
Sometimes you need adult supervision.
     It needs a whole wiring harness, and all the guts to the driver's door,
with power windows, and the chrome trim on the corner where the front wheel
lip chrome meets the rocker molding.
    I took the wheel to it after I arrived home.   Ignoring the places where
I went through the paint, it shines just great.  It might see the light of
day at  a few cruises before winter sets in.