Carlisle

Wow, just got back from another wonderful trip to
Carlisle!

I can't imagine not wanting to go to this event!

Robert Soule and I left Thursday am early (4am) in my
pickup with the 73 on a trailer.  Elijah Scott
followed in his 71.  14 hours later we arrived at the
hotel in Harrisburg and connected with Jeff Carrothers
and Mark Harris who had flown in from New Orleans.

The plan was to leave at 7 and I set the clock for 6
but was awakened at 5:30 by Jeff banging on the door
shouting "GET UP, GET UP, It's time to go...hurry
hurry"  This was a thinly veiled attempt to get even
with me for getting everyone up early when we went to
Texas last summer to haul the 60 and 61's.  Jeff sure
enjoyed getting even!  Payback will be rough though,
I'm still thinking about what it will be...

Anyway we got to the fairgrounds at 7:30.  I parked
the 73 in the car corral and Elijah parked near the
tent.  Then it was off to the show.  I spent most the
time in the car corral.  My approach is to make a FAST
sweep to spot any bargains then go back and take a
closer look.  The only bargain I found on the fast
sweep was a NOS RV2 compressor marked at $100.
Knowing Mark Harris was needing one, I called him on
the cell phone and he ran down to the vendor and
haggled him down to $75.

Had a great day and met a bunch of Imperial folks.
Saturday was much the same but the plan was for
everyone to meet at the tent for group photos at 11.
There were about 30+ folks there and the show was
mobbed.  Elijah will be posting the roster and a bunch
of photos on the web site and trying to identify who
everyone is.

Saturday night I connected with John Corey and we
swapped decklids for our 61's. I have a good looking
flytesweep now!  Thanks John!!!

We left Sunday about noon with the 73 back on the
trailer.  Had one strong bite that may yet turn into a
sale.  Got back today about 3.  Long trip but a
valuable and great fun experience!

Special thanks to Mark Jefferson for arranging for the
IML tent!  We did not have enough registered cars to
get it for free but will certainly will next year!
Actually, if we count all the Imperials that were
scattered around, we probably had over 25 on the
fairgrounds.

Kerryp