Refrigerant Findings

That said, gasoline has an autoignition temperature of about 480F, where the Duracool 12a does not autoignite until 1636F.

Only some very lean-burning exhaust manifolds would reach that temp, and not for long before the engine destroyed itself.

       I will not put Duracool in my vehicles.  I will stick with the R-134a until the next-best-thing comes along.

R-134a will also be phased-out soon, (it also has some ozone unfriendly components... or so they say if you believe that BS). The next refrigerant will be carbon dioxide, which operates at thousands of PSI, and will be totally incompatible with an old system.

       I was trolling for car parts in WalMart (or was it Meijer?) the other day, and it looks like I can do the whole conversion for around $30.

You must be in the MI, OH, IN area? I sure do miss Meijer out here in AZ.... If they opened one up out here they'd kill the local trashy Wal-Mart.

Carmine F.