Pride Parade & my '66 Convertible

Well, today was Gay Pride day in Seattle, WA and I had the honor of
driving our Mayor, Greg McNichols.  I drove him last year as well, and
now am his "Official Parade Car", with a few more coming up this summer.
The weather was ok, and the car "Doris Day", or "Ms. Day" if your nasty,
did great, even though the gear selector assembly on the column is
currently broken, we tried to get the replacement one in Saturday night,
got the paint matched, the part off the parts column (Tilt-O-Scope no
less), but my friend, and mechanic realized the whole column that is in
the car would have to come out to get at the broken part.  So, today he
just shifted the car from under the hood at the start, and off we went.
I hope to have it fixed by next weeks, Cascade Loop, but if not he is
going with me anyway, so from under the hood it will have to be.
"Doris" got a bit warm with all the sitting, but never went above 3/4
luckily, and cooled right down as we got moving afterward.  Hope
everyone is well, and having a great summer with each Imperial out there
respectively!

Take care,

Bill Ulman
Seattle, WA
'66 Crown Convertible
Midnight Blue Metallic, White Pearl coat Leather interior, Firestone 721
wide whites