Panelescent Lighting - was: "61 I might buy"

Panelescent Lighting - was: "61 I might buy"

The bubble dash instrument cluster was a Chrysler feature
and resembled a BB-gun shoting gallery with layered gauges
under a clear plastic dome.  The Imperials did not have
this.

That bubble dash on a rust-bucket New Yorker in a junk yard
that I didn't buy is what got me into this whole mess.

Chrysler & Imperials of the time had panelescent lighting
that illumenated the guages.  They feature a seperate power
pack that is behind the DS kick panel on some.  Very high
voltages involved.  Disconnect the battry before fiddling
in there or you'll regret it.

-Kenyon

--- Hugecoop@xxxxxxx wrote:
> does this car have the "bubble dash"?has anyone out there
> ever removed the
> "bubble" instrument cluster from a 61 chrysler?how
> involved is this and is
> there any electronic subassemblies that aren't integral
> but are part of it?i
> was told that there are components that make it work that
> are separate from
> the cluster itself.any help would be appreciated.i have
> to go get one out of
> a scrap vehicle and i want to be sure to get everything i
> need .thanks
> charlie 38 coupe.

=====
Kenyon Wills
6o LeBaron - America's Most Carefully Built Car
73 LeBaron - Long Low & Luxurious