Steering gear box

Hey List,
About three weeks ago I changed the lower seal on the Steering gear box. The car hasn't been driven yet, but today the car was started and the steering wheel turned while the car was running. Now I have a leak again!
Did I do something wrong on the install? I don't see how I could have.  I even put some Power steering fluid on the inner part of the oil seal before I reinstalled it. Can I go with a bigger seal, or is the shaft worn too much, or did I possibly get some contaminate between the seal and shaft. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks soo much,
Marc Lamp
60 Imp. 4drht